Google Releases AdWords Editor 6.5
Google announced the release of version 6.5 of the AdWords Editor. It was only about four months ago when AdWords released version 6.0. Here is a detailed list of new features for 6.5, as per the release notes: Keyword Opportunities (Beta) The Keyword Opportunities tool can help you generate new keywords. Go to the Tools […]
Here is a detailed list of new features for 6.5, as per the release notes:
Keyword Opportunities (Beta)
The Keyword Opportunities tool can help you generate new keywords. Go to the Tools menu > Keyword Opportunities or click ‘Keyword Opportunities’ on the Keywords tab.
– The Keyword expansion feature generates keyword ideas based on words or phrases.
– The Keyword multiplier combines lists of terms to form new keywords.
Data view improvements
– Column auto-sizing: Double-click a column header to fit the width to its contents, or right-click the column header and select ‘Auto-size Column.’ To auto-size all columns at once, click the column chooser and select ‘Auto-size All Columns.’
– Horizontal scrolling: You can now scroll from left to right.
– Column selection: The column chooser stays open until you click away or hit the Escape key.
– Date picker: Use a calendar to select campaign end dates and date ranges for performance statistics.
Importing and exporting
– New names: The account export options now have the new names below.
Export to CSV
Export for Archiving
Export for Sharing
Export to HTML
Export Spreadsheet (CSV)
Export Backup (AEA)
Export Changes for Sharing (AES)
Export Summary (HTML)
– Improved HTML export: View a summary of your ads along with keywords or placements with the Export Summary option (formerly ‘Export to HTML’). The report now includes the date and time of the export, currency, and other information.
– Select specific campaigns or ad groups for exporting: Formerly available only for the CSV export, this feature is now available for all four export formats. Once you select an export option in the File menu, choose ‘Export Selected Campaigns and Ad Groups.’
New editing options
– Copy campaign or ad group ‘shells’: This feature enables you to copy a campaign or ad group without the items inside, then paste the duplicate campaign or ad group into a new location. Go to the Edit menu > Copy Special.
– Create duplicates when replacing or appending text: When you use the Replace Text or Append Text tools (in the Edit menu) you can now create duplicates of the items you’re editing and modify the duplicates instead of the originals.
To use a separate content bid for an ad group, simply specify the bid on the Ad Groups tab. Previously, it was necessary to enable content bids for a campaign by checking a ‘Content Bids’ box on the Campaigns tab; this checkbox has been removed.
Note: When you upgrade, you won’t lose your unposted changes or comments. This means you can choose the ‘Update without Backup’ option in the auto-update message. After you upgrade, your entire account, including comments and unposted changes, will already be in the new version of AdWords Editor.