Help Wanted: We’re Hiring An Associate Features Editor
Applications are now being accepted for a new, full-time position on our growing editorial team!
If you have journalism experience, love to edit and are familiar with the online marketing industry, we may have the perfect opportunity for you!
The Search Engine Land/Marketing Land editorial team is growing again. We’re now accepting applications for an Associate Features Editor position, which is described in more detail below.
This is a full-time, salaried, telecommuting position. (You’ll be able and expected to work from your home office.) The successful candidate will understand that news happens around the clock — i.e., this is not always a 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. position. Applicants must have U.S. work rights/privileges. Instructions for applying are included after the job listing.
Associate Features Editor
The Associate Features Editor is a member of the Third Door Media editorial team that assists the Executive Features Editor in preparing contributed content for Search Engine Land / Marketing Land’s production cycle. Part editor and part web producer, the person in this role will work on content strategy, editorial voice, assist in managing editorial calendar, ensure contributed content meets editorial standards and is in line with editorial vision. This position reports to the Executive Features Editor.
Primary Job Duties:
- Prep columns for publication as assigned by features editor. Focus on maintaining content standards, ensuring columns are on topic, flow smoothly and provide value to audience.
- Assist in editorial calendar management.
- Improve story formatting for superior readability and audience engagement.
- Work with copy editor to finalize articles for publication and ensure deadlines are met.
- Assist in generating ideas for topics for columnists to cover.
- Aid in contributor recruitment and on-boarding process.
- Promote stories to interactive marketing community through social channels.
- Keep up-to-date and informed on news, information and trends related to online marketing.
- Occasional feature writing as necessary and able.
- Any tasks deemed appropriate by the Executive Features Editor.
Skills & Experience:
- Journalism / Communication background preferred
- Strong English skills / copy editing experience
- Strong working knowledge of online marketing terminology & trends
- Working knowledge of WordPress / Basic HTML skills
- Basic graphics / image editing skills
Job Details & Candidate Information: This position is a full-time, telecommute opportunity. Some travel may be required. Candidates should be able to work independently and be productive from a home office and be a “people person” who can develop a working relationship with contributing columnists. Experience in online marketing and social media skills highly desired.
Salary for this position will depend on experience and qualifications. Third Door Media offers full-time employees a 401k program and a generous paid time off policy.
How To Apply
Applicants must possess U.S. work rights/privileges.
We’ll accept applications from qualified candidates via email. You can be formal and send a resumé and cover letter if you want, or you can take the more casual route and just tell us what you think we should know about you. Either way, we’d like to know:
- Who you are and what you’re doing now
- Your background in journalism (if any)
- Your background in editing and writing (with samples, please)
- Why you think the position is a great fit for you
- Why you think you’re a great fit for us
Send your application to [email protected] as soon as possible, and be sure to put the name of the position as the subject of your email. We’re not going to put a specific deadline for this, but we do want to bring a great person on board as soon as possible. So, if you’re interested, don’t delay. We look forward to hearing from you!