SearchCap: Advanced analytics, fake listings on Google Maps & link building
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- 5 hot trends in advanced analytics
Apr 11, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Marketing data is everywhere. With so many new consumer touchpoints – from chatbots, to in-store beacons and virtual assistants – the sheer variety and volume of data is exploding. Beyond your out-of-the box product dashboards, custom Excel spreadsheets, and basic data visualizations – are you really leveraging your data in meaningful ways?
- Patent 1 of 2: How Google learns to influence and control users
Apr 11, 2017 by Dave Davies
Columnist Dave Davies does a deep dive into a recently granted Google patent that describes how your data and context could be used to influence your future actions.
- Is Google really keeping fake listings off Google Maps?
Apr 11, 2017 by Joy Hawkins
A recent study released by Google claims that fewer than 0.5% of local searches lead to fake listings. But is this number misleading? Columnist and local search expert Joy Hawkins takes a deep dive.
- Link building: Preliminary research and analysis
Apr 11, 2017 by Andrew Dennis
Columnist Andrew Dennis outlines the research necessary to provide a solid foundation for your link-building strategy.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- National Brands & Local Search: Use Insights to Drive Actions
- Dailymotion to relaunch in June with focus on professionally produced video programming
- What’s really holding back your messaging program?
- Strategies for capturing ‘made in the USA’ searches
- No content strategy is an island
- How to keep your brand message from being hijacked by surrounding content
- Protagonist’s new platform finds the stories told about brands
- Taykey integrates its Trend Advertising product with TradeDesk and AppNexus
- Twitter’s latest ad format turns Periscope hearts into branded ones
Search News From Around The Web:
- Deep-linking startup Branch raised $60 million from Andy Rubin’s Playground Ventures, TechCrunch
- Top 20 in US Paid and Organic Search, Searchmetrics SEO Blog
- Yahoo accused of mismanaging funds meant for Chinese dissidents, Reuters
Local & Maps
- Sneak Peek – The Expert’s Guide to Local SEO, Local University
- Testing Link Sharing Ads against Embedded Rich Media Ads in an Instant Whitepaper Download Campaign, 3Q Digital
- How visual search is helping ecommerce brands, Econsultancy
SEM / Paid Search
- AdWords “Optimize for Conversions” Ad Rotation Could Be Killing Your Conversions, Clix Marketing PPC Blog
- Avoid These Common PPC Shopping Strategy Mistakes, PPC Hero
- Creating a bespoke Bing Multiple Link Disavow Tool, Branded3
- Google Updates Featured Snippet Selector Algorithm Frequently, Search Engine Roundtable
- Page Changes Monitoring: How to Stay Ahead of Google, Search Engine Journal
- Winner of Wix’s SEO Hero challenge explains strategy, The Domains
- Announcing the 2017 Local Search Ranking Factors Survey Results, Moz
- XML Sitemaps: The Most Misunderstood Tool in the SEO’s Toolbox, Moz
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.