SearchCap: The Day In Search, August 23, 2007
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web. From Search Engine Land: SES San Jose Coverage Roundup – August 23, 2007Below is a roundup of all the coverage I was able to find throughout the day of the SES San Jose conference. This […]
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on
Search Engine Land and from other
places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
SES San Jose Coverage Roundup – August 23, 2007
Below is a roundup of all the coverage I was able to find throughout the day of the SES San Jose conference. This coverage is for the fourth day of SES, taking place on August 23, 2007. If I missed any, please add a comment below. Overall, the coverage has…
Putting Your Small Business On The Map
Online maps: we use them everyday for purposes as varied as finding out how to meet our friends at a new restaurant to sending out invitations to our child’s birthday party. Maps are valuable graphical presentations of how to get to a certain place. Most companies that depend on…
Microsoft Teams Up With Nokia To Provide Windows Live For S60
Microsoft and Nokia team up to offer Windows Live on S60 devices from LiveSide Blog reports Microsoft and Nokia, in a new agreement, will begin to allow S60 device owners to use Windows Live suite on their devices. The rollout will be across 11 different countries and you can find…
Microsoft Launches Experimental Search Site Tafiti
Built on its new Silverlight application, Microsoft last night released a new, experimental search site dubbed “Tafiti,” which means “do research” in Swahili. You’ll need to download Silverlight to use the engine, which offers a richer “visualization” of Microsoft Live search results….
Brazil Says Google Still Not Cooperating Over Illegal Orkut Activities
Brazilian prosecutors say Google has not provided Orkut user information regarding crimes from the International Herald Tribune reports Google Brazil is still not complying with Brazilian authorities’ requests to hand over information on those using Orkut for illegal activities. Some use Orkut to help spread child pornography and hate speech….
Facebook To Launch Personalized Ad Program
Facebook Gets Personal With Ad Targeting Plan from the Wall Street Journal reports Facebook will be launching a new ad service as early as late fall. The ad service will generate very personalized results, based on the wealth of information Facebook has on their users. The ads will not just…
Twelve SEO Mistakes Most Bloggers Make
Since I’m speaking this week at Search Engine Strategies on the topic of SEO through Blogs and Feeds, it seems fitting that this issue of “100% Organic” be related to blog optimization. Even the top SEOs make mistakes with their blogs (and yes, I make some of them too)….
What Should Google Do About Mapspam?
The first widely reported Google Mapspam clearly highlighted the potential and pitfalls for local search. Mapspam is a relatively new phenomemon, where black hat SEOs are spamming local search and map listings. It also raised a number of questions for Google, and for the search marketing industry:…
Yahoo Search Adds Health, Electronics & NFL Shortcuts
Yahoo Search will be launching new Search Shortcut for health, consumer electronics and NFL related queries….
Search News From Around The Web:
Applications & Portal Features
- Baidu spanks Google in China’s online ad market – vnunet.com, Vnunet.com
- Google Paid Lobbyist $140,000 in 2007, Forbes
- Mary Meeker’s YouTube Math, Silicon Alley Insider
- SES San Jose – media coverage report, Search Engine Strategies
- Reasons to Attend SMX Social Media – Register Before September 7 and Save!, Search Marketing Expo Blog
- Organic Listings Forum, Search Engine Roundtable
- Search Bash 2007, Online Marketing Blog
- Yahoo Book Party – Mona Elesseily, Online Marketing Blog
- SES San Jose Coverage Wrap Up, Search Engine Roundtable
Local, Maps & Mobile
- Embed Video In Google Earth 4.2 Placemarks!, Google Earth Blog
- Hidden Feature in Google Earth Sky, Google Earth Blog
- How To Find Good Links, Reviewlicious
- Paid Links are Not SPAM if They Pay Per Click, SEO Book
- Training Link Developers to Become Marketing Gurus, Search Engine Watch
Paid Search & Contextual
- AdWords Admits Top Spot Formula Was Flawed, Marketing Pilgrim
- Brand PPC: a Waste of Money?!?, Rimm Kaufman
- CANCELED: August 25 System Maintenance, AdWords API Blog
- The Benefits of Managing Campaigns across Multiple PPC Platforms, Karl Ribas
SEO & SEM
- Can PPC Listings Affect Organic Rankings?, Search Engine Watch
- Coming Soon: A New Look!, orkut Blog
- YouTube Goes Digg Style, Googlified
- Leveraging Facebook for Business, Marketing Pilgrim
- A brilliant victory at Lords, Yodel Anecdotal
- Superficial: Who’s the hunkiest New York Googler?, Valleywag
Hot Items From Sphinn, Our Social News Sharing Site:
- SES Paid Link Presentation
- You Are Not Happy Because Adsense Sucks — Black Hat SEO Diary
- Search Engine Marketeers Are the New Script Kiddies
- Stealing Avatars: Identify Theft 2.0
- AdWords Admits Top Spot Formula Was Flawed
- Can You Make Money Without a Niche?
- How to feed old WordPress posts with link love
- I am a little offended…….
- The Secret to Staying on Top
- The Sphinn button
- How Not Knowing Something Makes You More Of An Expert