In contrast, “We do see people breaking websites for users, rather than for search engines,” said Splitt. These sites are indexable, but do not provide a good user experience as they may need to send abnormally large amounts of data to load a simple list of products, for example.
Want more Live with Search Engine Land? Get it here:
- Click here for the full session.
- Why the evergreen Googlebot is such a big deal [Video]
- Common oversights that can impede Google from crawling your content [Video]
- How Google crawls and indexes: a non-technical explanation [Video]
- Don’t try to reinvent the SEO wheel, says Google’s Martin Splitt
- You can also find a full list of all our Live with Search Engine Land sessions on YouTube.