Google’s Data Highlighter Adds Support For Book Reviews
Google has quietly added support for book reviews rich snippets with the data highlighter tool. Pierre Far from Google announced it on his Google+ page saying “you can now use Data Highlighter to tell us about pages on your site that have book reviews.” That means you can now mark up pages with this tool […]
Pierre Far from Google announced it on his Google+ page saying “you can now use Data Highlighter to tell us about pages on your site that have book reviews.” That means you can now mark up pages with this tool to communicate the part of the page that have items such as title, author, reviews, and reader ratings.
You can learn more about the feature over here.
Google added several data types to the data highlighter tool in May, and this update brings up to eight total data types now supported:
- Data Highlighter – Articles
- Data Highlighter – Book Reviews
- Data Highlighter – Events
- Data Highlighter – Local Businesses
- Data Highlighter – Movies
- Data Highlighter – Restaurants
- Data Highlighter – Software Applications
- Data Highlighter – TV Episodes
- Google Introduces Data Highlighter Tool For Structured Data Markup
- Google Upgrades Their Rich Snippets Testing Tool To Better Reflect Display In Search Results
- Google Confirms Hidden Benefit Of Authorship: Bonus Links After A Back-Button Click
- Google’s Authorship Fail: How Truman Capote Was Credited As A NYT Writer 28 Years After His Death
- Examining Real World Uses Of Rich Snippets & Markup
- Top Ways B2B Marketers Can Best Utilize Rich Snippets
- Structured Data Markup Was Inevitable, But Is It An Admission Of Failure?
- Google Shows Movie Trailers Right In Its Search Results
- Want Your Picture In The Google Search Results? Add A Google+ Profile